Packing / Unpacking
Packing / Unpacking Service
Your valuables will be packed efficiently & transported safely!
ABC Movers offers FULL PACKING (packing of all of your items), PARTIAL PACKING (only items you choose us to pack) and UNPACKING.
ABC Movers will arrive with all the necessary packing materials and carefully pack and label everything, using materials best suited for the task. After delivering all items to your new home, we quickly and efficiently unpack everything you tell us to – your kitchen, bedrooms, living room, even the whole house.
All of your items are put away in cupboards, clothes hung in wardrobes. Your entire new home will be set and ready for you to move in. We will take the stress out of moving for you!
- Take a pictures of everything before packing & moving for your records. Prepare ahead room plans to avoid rearanging a lot of items later.
- Always label moving boxes – items used daily are much easier to find in clearly labeled boxes. In addition, you will know which box belongs in what room and its corresponding cabinet/ desk/ drawer or shelf.
- Don’t overload the boxes or they will be too heavy to lift and might easily break.
- Use blankets, towels, t-shirts and sweat shirts to pack fragile items.
- Disassemble big items (like furniture) first – later you might be too tired.
- Don’t pack perishable items such as milk products, meat, and eggs; dispose or give them away.
- Don’t pack valuable Items (jewelry, personal papers, digital data, medicine, small collections, financial statements, tax records) – keep them with you.
- Don’t pack hazardous materials (explosive, flammable, or corrosive) – they are illegal to move and can be very dangerous to your health.
- Dispose or donate clothes that you don’t need or don’t fit anymore.
- Dispose of all broken items that can’t be repaired.
- Defrost the refrigerator first, then tie all the doors.
- All electronic items will be best to pack in original boxes – if not available – wrap them in “antistatic” packing materials while placing them in specialty boxes… Don’t forget to keep them in an upright position.
- Remove all mirrors, frames, and pictures, the wrap them and place them into a box which is bigger in size.
It’s better to move on a weekday – when banks, utilities companies and government offices are open.
Prepare plenty of boxes, moving supplies and labels a few weeks ahead of your move. You can utilize our wardrobe boxes and use your luggage. Please safeguard your valued items. Keep important papers with you (birth certificates, school records, utility company numbers, bank records, current bills, phone lists, etc.)
Leave the power and water at your old address on for a couple of days, then you can return to clean place up later if you need to. Don’t forget to rent or hire a carpet cleaner.
Consolidate your cleaning supplies. Find a safe place for pets on the moving day.
- Notify current & future utility providers: electricity, internet, phones, TV, security systems, water, gas, recycling pick-up, propane, sewer, and trash. It’s generally a good idea to turn off current services the day after the move and turn on future services the day before the move.
- Have enough cash to cover expenses on moving day.
- File a Change of Address with the U.S. Post Office. Also notify (if applicable) of your change of address: Banks, IRS, Phone providers, Courts (bankruptcy, traffic or disputes), Credit bureaus, DMV, Insurance providers, SSA, Veteran Services, Subscriptions, Scheduled pickup & delivery services, Doctors, Membership services, Child/Senior care services, House of worship, Retirement plan holders, etc.
- Make arrangements for child/pet sitting.
- Make arrangements to return items: cable/satellite equipment, all rental items, library items, trash cans/recycle bins.
- Make sure your cell phone is fully charged. Have a list of phone numbers you will need.
- Take with you: prescriptions, eyeglasses (if needed), and toiletries.
- Check AC/heaters/fans. Shut off the water. Turn all lights off.
- Dispose of anything that is flammable or hazardous.
- Have your car serviced.
- Leave all keys (garage door openers) and leave your contact info for the new residents in order to forward anything to you.
- Confirm future home address with movers.