You can depend on ABC Movers. We are here to make your moving experience as pleasant as possible, using all of our resources and experience. If you decide to do some or all of your own packing for your move, it’s important that you read this page. We offer important tips & techniques to help you in this process.
- Take a pictures of everything before packing & moving for your records. Prepare ahead room plans to avoid re-aranging a lot of items later.
- Always label moving boxes – items used daily are much easier to find in clearly labeled boxes. In addition, you will know which box belongs in what room and its corresponding cabinet/ desk/ drawer or shelf.
- Don’t overload the boxes or they will be too heavy to lift and might easily break.
- Use blankets, towels, t-shirts and sweat shirts to pack fragile items.
- Disassemble big items (like furniture) first – later you might be too tired.
- Don’t pack perishable items such as milk products, meat, and eggs; dispose or give them away.
- Don’t pack valuable Items (jewelry, personal papers, digital data, medicine, small collections, financial statements, tax records) – keep them with you.
- Don’t pack hazardous materials (explosive, flammable, or corrosive) – they are illegal to move and can be very dangerous to your health.
- Dispose or donate clothes that you don’t need or don’t fit anymore.
- Dispose of all broken items that can’t be repaired.
- Defrost the refrigerator first, then tie all the doors.
- All electronic items will be best to pack in original boxes – if not available – wrap them in “antistatic” packing materials while placing them in specialty boxes… Don’t forget to keep them in an upright position.
- Remove all mirrors, frames, and pictures, the wrap them and place them into a box which is bigger in size.